Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
November 12, 2009
What Keeps You From Reaching Your Goals?
Below you'll find a summary of the top reasons people cite for falling short of their goals and not making as much progress as they'd like.
Recognize any of them?
- Lack of time
- Lack of money
- Lack of confidence
- Not setting goals to begin with
- Not planning well enough
- Having too many goals
- Not prioritizing my goals
- Spreading myself too thin
- Lame but convenient excuses
- Popular trends not going my way
- Not knowing where to start
- My day job
- Not putting what I know into action
- The government and its stupid rules
- Setting really BIG goals
- Fear of failure
- Not knowing how to raise things to the next level
- Me, Myself, My own mind
If I missed something, please add your own obstacle in the Comments section below. Also leave some extra thoughts on what holds you back, along with any tips you have to overcome these hurdles.
I'll post my own ways of conquering these personal demons in future blog posts, and may even turn this into an ebook some day.
Killer Music Press Kits - Deluxe Edition
The 29 Most Important Elements in Creating Sizzling Music Publicity Materials
Learn More or Order Now Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- 7 Ways to Destroy Your Music Career
- John Mayer, Augmented Reality, Music & You
- The Mike Doughty Guide to Interactive Live Shows
- Made-To-Stick Music Marketing
- 12 Most Popular Musicians on Twitter & What You Ca...
- Is Your Music 'Findable' Online?
- Get an Earful of Ideas & Inspiration
- 5 Ways Google Can Help Promote Your Music
- The Best Online Music Marketing Plan Ever
- Reader Q&A: Does an Artist Really Need to Be on EV...
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker