Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
January 07, 2010
Are You Ready for the Next Little Thing?
"After years of being about the Next Big Thing, the annual International Consumer Electronics Show this week is all about the next little thing - small-in-one devices that are blurring the distinctions among tiny netbook computers, dedicated media players, e-book readers and cell phones."
But it was these sentences that really caught my eye:
"... content is the new king. As different people use electronics in different ways, publishers [and anyone who creates "content," like musicians] are under the gun to deliver whatever content people want on whatever devices they have."
So, are you meeting your fans where YOU want them to, based on YOUR idea of what the right platform is?
Or ... are you meeting your fans where they ARE?
Think about the next little thing as you plan your music promotion in 2010.
P.S. Put your music marketing on steroids! Visit my new project: The Virtual Music Coach. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- 3 Keys to Easy Goal Setting
- New Holiday Music Videos From Me to You
- 10 Music Links Worth Tweeting About
- What Are You Pretending to NOT Know?
- 12 Keys to Building a Thriving Music Career
- 7 Simple But Effective Steps to Reaching Your Musi...
- What Keeps You From Reaching Your Goals?
- 7 Ways to Destroy Your Music Career
- John Mayer, Augmented Reality, Music & You
- The Mike Doughty Guide to Interactive Live Shows
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker