Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
February 03, 2010
What Should I Ask Music Biz Innovator Terry McBride Today?
In the 26 years since then, the company has released over 500 albums and sold more than 150 million copies worldwide. Nettwerk manages the careers of Sarah McLachlan, Jamiroquai, Stereophonics, Jars of Clay, and many others. He also co-founded the Lilith Fair, which will return in 2010.
In recent years, Terry has been outspoken about advances in digital technology and the future of music. He's been covered in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and Wired magazine. He also gave a presentation at TEDxVancouver recently (watch the video here).
Terry will be the guest today on David Mathison's show on Blog Talk Radio. David, who is a media expert and author of "Be the Media," has asked me to co-host the show with him. I'm thrilled. I've been following Terry McBride's new ideas about music consumption and distribution for years, but have never met him. This will be a treat.
The show streams live online from 5 to 6 PM EST today (Feb 3) from this page. Or use this player:
So, what should I ask him?
David and I already have a good list of questions ready. But in case we're overlooking something, what would you ask Terry McBride if you had the chance?
Leave a comment below and let me know. But do it quick! The show starts in a few hours.
If you miss the live stream, you can always listen to it later on this page.
-Bob Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Posterous: How to Post Super Easy Multimedia Updat...
- 'Pants on the Ground' & the American Idol Meme
- Avatar 3D and Your Multimedia Future
- Are You Ready for the Next Little Thing?
- 3 Keys to Easy Goal Setting
- New Holiday Music Videos From Me to You
- 10 Music Links Worth Tweeting About
- What Are You Pretending to NOT Know?
- 12 Keys to Building a Thriving Music Career
- 7 Simple But Effective Steps to Reaching Your Musi...
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker