Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
August 03, 2010
Frank Kern: "Let's Cut the Crap Here!"
For one, he's a guitar player. And he comes off more as a cool surfer dude than a marketing expert. He's very good at using video to promote his programs, and he has a conversational way with words in his emails -- even poking fun at marketing while in the act of marketing itself.
Here's a recent email he sent -- a classic example of Frank Kern at his cool cat best:
Subject line: "Let's cut the crap here!"
Today's the day that I'm supposed to send you an email telling you that if you don't go to my cleverly disguised affiliate link here:
[I've removed the web address because the offer has expired.]
... And get Perpetual Traffic Machine ... then the world will end and there will be no hope for humanity.
And then I'm supposed to do like everyone else and offer a "killer bonus" (new kidney!) if you buy through my link.
Look, the ugly truth is I haven't even looked at the product. So I have no clue if it's any good.
I think it's probably good ... after all, lots of Ryan's stuff is VERY good.
In fact, I actually swiped the entire structure of my Mass Control and my List Control trainings from what I learned when I was watching Ryan create products.
And Ryan is a member of my primary mastermind group and I regularly call on him for advice. Plus, you've seen the quality of the pre-launch content. That was awesome.
So Perpetual Traffic Machine is most likely awesome.
... But I'm not going to bullshit you and act like I've personally reviewed it ... just so I can make a few bucks.
I haven't. Sorry.
With that said, the best advice I can give you is this:
1. If you *think* it'll help you, you're probably right ... hard to beat good ol' intuition.
2. You can probably get a pretty good bonus if you buy it through someone other than me.
3. If it isn't any good, you can get a refund.
... And considering the fact that 1/2 of the planet is promoting it right now, your inbox probably has plenty of good bonus offers to choose from.
So I don't see how you can go wrong.
Of course, you're welcome to use my blatant affiliate link below so I can make a few bucks.
I promise to squander the money on shiny objects and beer.
[web address link again]
What I like about this -- besides the humor -- is that it shows that there are many ways to promote. You can always find a way to inject your unique personality into whatever you do.
Hope you enjoyed this. Now go buy something from me! :-)
Seriously, what do you think of Frank's email marketing style? How do you integrate your personality into your own promotion efforts? Please leave a comment below.
-Bob Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Do You Use a Marketing Match or a Flamethrower?
- The Million-Dollar Idea Challenge
- New Facebook Music Promotion & Marketing Resource ...
- Great Music Sales Lesson from the Raveonettes
- My Free Gift to YOU - And a Special Offer
- Meet Me in LA This Sunday, May 23, 4-6 PM
- A Simple Way to Help Nashville Music Flood Victims...
- Surprising News About Attracting New Fans
- 5 Tweets Every Musician Should Avoid
- Don't Cater to Average: Your Fans Will Support You...
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker