Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
September 30, 2010
How to Create an Indie Artist Profile on Apple's Ping Network
So most of them just grumbled and sat back to wait for Tunecore or CD Baby to work out the details for them.
But not Frank Colin of Gulture Enterprises.
"I assist the legendary independent blues and rock musician Jimmy Z with his website and social media," Frank writes on his blog. "As soon as I upgraded iTunes ... it became my mission to get his profile on Ping ..."
That's an understatement. Through persistence and some creative communications, Frank was able to set up a Ping profile by working directly with Apple. But it wasn't easy.
Frank chronicles how he did it, in great detail, in a great series of blog posts:
First read "How an Independent Musician Might Get a Profile on Ping."
Then read "How to Create an Independent Musician Profile on iTunes Ping" for even more of the nitty gritty."
Congrats to Frank for finding a way to get inside the machine and work the system!
P.S. Have you had any luck setting up a Ping artist profile? Let me know in the Comments section below ... Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Guerrilla Music Marketing Comes to Memphis & Nashv...
- The Black Keys Guide to Shattering Excuses
- Is Apple's Ping Network Shutting Out Indie Bands?
- 3 Ways to Become a Music Marketing Ninja
- The Friday the 13th Guide to Live Music Shows
- Band Rehearsal Lessons From Prince
- Frank Kern: "Let's Cut the Crap Here!"
- Do You Use a Marketing Match or a Flamethrower?
- The Million-Dollar Idea Challenge
- New Facebook Music Promotion & Marketing Resource ...
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker