Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
October 28, 2010
FREE Music Marketing Tip Sheet - And Your Opinion Wanted
No opt-in required. Just download these free promotion tips and start using them.
What's included in these six pages?
- Trent Reznor's Advice for Up-and-Coming Artists and Bands
- 10 YouTube (and Online Video) Tips & Tricks
- Holiday Music Marketing Angles That Will Grab Attention
- 19 Effective Twitter Update Ideas
- Engage Your Fans with These Simple Online Tools
- Breaking News About the New MySpace
There is a good reason, and I really want your direct input about it.
As you may know, I spend a lot of time scouring the Internet every day looking for the latest news, info and best practices on music marketing for independent artists.
A lot of those links I post on Twitter, Facebook, and other social sites. But even if you follow me on these sites, I bet you miss a lot of them.
Plus, who's got the time (like I do) to obsess about these things and sift through the avalanche of new marketing blog posts, articles, podcasts, videos and more that are posted every day?
After all, you need to spend time writing songs, rehearsing, recording, booking your next gig, and making sure your equipment is maintained. Not to mention eating, sleeping and ... Whew! The list goes on and on.
So here's my idea ...
What if I created a regular digest of the best new music promotion ideas, breaking news, success stories, highly useful marketing tips, and more?
It would basically be my top picks for the best of the best every week -- probably delivered four times a month as a PDF file like this one.
I'd also throw in some of my more in-depth articles along with some from my favorite authors and marketing bloggers.
My question to you is ... Would a Music Marketing Digest like this be of interest to you?
And would you be willing to pay a modest fee for it?
It takes a lot of time (many hours a week, believe me) to research this stuff and then package it in this format. So enough people would have to step up to the plate and be willing to invest a small amount to make this happen.
(I'm only talking about $10 a month per person. Anyone can afford that. But would YOU be willing to actually click the "Subscribe" button?)
Please do this:
If you are interested, send an email to MrBuzzFactor A-T Gmail DOT C*O*M (please rearrange those gobbled-up letters into a proper email address) with the words "Music Marketing Digest YES" in the subject line.
I'll put you on a special list of music people who want the Digest, and if the demand is sufficient, you'll be the first to know when I launch it.
Thanks for reading this free sample of my proposed Music Marketing Digest and hearing me out.
P.S. I hope this works out for both of us, because I would love to create this for you on a regular basis. But I have to know that enough people want it and see the value. So let me know if you are one of them! Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Get Your Name in My Next Book: "Guerrilla Music M...
- Door-to-Door Musician: An Inspiring Story!
- Apple's New Artist & Band Guide to Ping
- How to Create an Indie Artist Profile on Apple's P...
- Guerrilla Music Marketing Comes to Memphis & Nashv...
- The Black Keys Guide to Shattering Excuses
- Is Apple's Ping Network Shutting Out Indie Bands?
- 3 Ways to Become a Music Marketing Ninja
- The Friday the 13th Guide to Live Music Shows
- Band Rehearsal Lessons From Prince
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker