Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
November 16, 2010
Engage Music Fans with These Simple Online Tools
You can ask them to vote on:
- Cover artwork for your next album
- Songs you should include on your next album or EP
- What part of the country you should tour next
- Songs you should perform at your next show
- What to get the bass player for his birthday
- Their favorite flavor of ice cream (or some other lighthearted topic)
But what online polling service should you use?
A couple weeks ago I asked people on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and more. Here are the main results I got, combined with sites I've used. Most have both free and paid options:
Action Step: Pick one of the services above, create a poll, and send it to your fans via email, Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, etc.
P.S. Did you enjoy this blog post? Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my Buzz Factor ezine -- the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Go grab your free subscription now. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- What's Your "Internet Influence Index"? (3i)
- FREE Music Marketing Tip Sheet - And Your Opinion...
- Get Your Name in My Next Book: "Guerrilla Music M...
- Door-to-Door Musician: An Inspiring Story!
- Apple's New Artist & Band Guide to Ping
- How to Create an Indie Artist Profile on Apple's P...
- Guerrilla Music Marketing Comes to Memphis & Nashv...
- The Black Keys Guide to Shattering Excuses
- Is Apple's Ping Network Shutting Out Indie Bands?
- 3 Ways to Become a Music Marketing Ninja
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker