Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
November 12, 2010
What's Your "Internet Influence Index"? (3i)
I call it your Internet Influence Index (or 3i for short).
I refer to it as a snapshot because, if you're proactive at all online, the numbers will be in constant flux -- hopefully in an upward direction.
I probably need to create a form or checklist you can use to track these important statistics. But here's a rundown of my current Internet Influence Index (as of Nov 12, 2010) to give you an idea of different ways you can measure your own 3i:
Total tweets I've posted: 5,322
Lists I am included on: 277
Friends (personal profile): 3,229
Fan page "likes": 253
Total views: 197,222
Channel subscribers: 985
Videos posted: 60
Music Promotion Blog ...
Feedburner subscribers: 1,994
Total # of posts: 521
Artist Empowerment Radio podcast ...
Feedburner subscribers: 583
Total # of episodes: 54
Total reads: 9,957
Google Buzz ...
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook on Amazon.com ...
Sales rank: #260,722 in Books
5-star reviews: 8
4-star reviews: 4
As you can see, there are many ways to measure your Internet Influence Index.
What am I missing? Would you like me to create a checklist form that can be used to track your 3i?
Let me know in the Comments.
The image above comes from opensourceway.
P.S. Did you enjoy this blog post? Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my Buzz Factor ezine -- the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Go grab your free subscription now. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- FREE Music Marketing Tip Sheet - And Your Opinion...
- Get Your Name in My Next Book: "Guerrilla Music M...
- Door-to-Door Musician: An Inspiring Story!
- Apple's New Artist & Band Guide to Ping
- How to Create an Indie Artist Profile on Apple's P...
- Guerrilla Music Marketing Comes to Memphis & Nashv...
- The Black Keys Guide to Shattering Excuses
- Is Apple's Ping Network Shutting Out Indie Bands?
- 3 Ways to Become a Music Marketing Ninja
- The Friday the 13th Guide to Live Music Shows
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker