Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
May 24, 2011
One Way to Help Joplin, MO, Tornado Victims
It was going to be about how the world didn't end on Saturday, but your ability to join the Music Marketing Mentorship Program was truly ending May 24, etc.
All that changed when I started hearing reports Monday morning about the unthinkable devastation in Joplin, MO, on Sunday.
Joplin is about four hours away on the other side of Missouri from where I live in St. Louis. I wanted to do something to help.
So I created a video Monday afternoon about the new deadline for the program -- and a way you can help the good people of Joplin.
Please take a moment to watch it now.
In fact, I've expanded this fund-raising effort and will send a portion of all sales from my website this entire week to the Joplin, MO, disaster relief effort.
Again, watch the new video and see some of the bonus incentives I've added to entice you to join. You really do get an amazing collection of music resources when you get with the program by the deadline.
Whether or not you join or purchase something from me this week, I hope you consider helping those in need. Here's a page at MSNBC filled with many ways to help in Joplin.
Be safe, and count your blessings!
P.S. The new deadline to join 3MP has been extended to Noon EST on Wednesday, May 25. I hope you decide to join this great group of proactive musicians, managers, and promoters ... before I close it to new members. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- 5 Facebook Music Fan Page Mistakes
- The Essential Music Website Marketing Ingredients
- Artist Career Breakthrough: Your Current Reality I...
- April 17 Meetup in Los Angeles - I'd Love to Meet ...
- 6 Things to Help Your Music Marketing This Week
- Funny Songs: How to Use Humor to Connect w/ Fans
- Shift Happens: A Story of Frustration & Opportunit...
- The Surprising Truth About Making a Living with Mu...
- Your Story: A Powerful Way to Connect with Music F...
- Where Passion Meets Profit - How to Make Money w/ ...
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker