Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
September 01, 2011
New DIY Music Workshop Hits 5 Cities This Fall - Can You Help?
A few months ago I conducted a simple online poll. I asked readers like you what topic I should work on next. Subjects ranged from publicity to advanced guerrilla marketing to Facebook and Twitter tips.
The top two vote-getters involved converting fan attention into sales and how to sell more music and merch. You spoke, I listened. And that's why this new workshop is called ...
4 Steps to Converting Fan
Attention Into Sales
Tuesday, September 27
Kansas City, MO - Register here
Wednesday, October 5
St. Louis, MO - Register here
Monday, October 10
Salt Lake City, UT - Register here
Saturday, October 22
Nashville, TN - Register here
Monday, November 7
Hollywood, CA, at Musicians Institute - Register here
November 3 thru 6, at the TAXI Road Rally
Los Angeles, CA
This event is free, but you must be either a TAXI member or the guest of one to attend. Details at http://www.taxi.com/rally.
Here's how you can help:
- Do you live near any of these cities? If so, I would love for you to attend!
- If you can't attend, do you know music people in any of these areas that you can spread the word to? Send them an email, tweet about it, post it on Facebook!
- Do you have any suggestions for people, organizations, songwriters groups, etc, that I should contact in these cities to get the word out?
I appreciate anything you can do to help me spread the word and get more people to these live events. In particular, I would love to meet YOU in person at one of them!
-Bob Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- How to Sell & License Cover Songs, YouTube, Pompla...
- Don't Let the Bastards in the Door! The Cure for E...
- Google+ Hangouts for Music Promotion
- Google+ for Music Marketing
- 7 Ways to Destroy Your Music Career - The Video
- The Jonathan Coulton, Amanda Hocking Success Formu...
- Meet Kendra, My New Assistant!
- Facebook + Bandcamp = I Had No Idea You Could Do T...
- 48-Hour Sale: 4 Music Titles Only $9.95 - Ends Fri...
- One Way to Help Joplin, MO, Tornado Victims
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker