Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
November 21, 2011
DIY Music Career Advice from MC Lars
A couple of months ago I sent my assistant and ace correspondent Kendra Wright to the St. Louis date on the 2011 Vans Warped Tour. There she sat down with MC Lars and captured his thoughts on his approach to a DIY music career, making money as an indie musician, his advice for new artists, and much more.
Here are the first two video excerpts from that great interview:
MC Lars Interview, Part 1
MC Lars Interview, Part 2
What do you think about what MC Lars shared on these videos? I welcome your comments.
-Bob Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- How to Talk to Your Fans Using POV
- Steve Jobs: Let His Life Inspire YOUR Legacy
- New DIY Music Workshop Hits 5 Cities This Fall - C...
- How to Sell & License Cover Songs, YouTube, Pompla...
- Don't Let the Bastards in the Door! The Cure for E...
- Google+ Hangouts for Music Promotion
- Google+ for Music Marketing
- 7 Ways to Destroy Your Music Career - The Video
- The Jonathan Coulton, Amanda Hocking Success Formu...
- Meet Kendra, My New Assistant!
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker