Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
April 18, 2012
Dick Clark: Tribute to an Icon & Legend
He introduced an entire generation of music fans to pop stars of the day. He was a prolific host, performer, and entrepreneur.
My biggest Dick Clark memory, though, was a double album called 20 Years of Rock N' Roll. My mom owned it and, along with her many Elvis records, this album was part of my early introduction to pop music of the '50s and '60s.
I salute Dick Clark for his immense contribution to American music history and culture.
If you want to learn more about the man and his legacy, here are some of the best news stories that were posted today:
New York Times
Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Use This iPad App to Create Original Graphics
- Don't Make THIS Mistake with Your CD Artwork
- Bob Baker: The CD Baby Interview [VIDEO]
- 3 Ways to Crush It With Your Music Marketing!
- Six Steps to Making Money with Music in 2012
- 11 Ways to Create Unforgettable Music Video Conten...
- Music Marketing Trends & 2012 Predictions - Part 2...
- The Best of Music Promotion Blog 2011
- 2012 Music Marketing Trends & Predictions - Part 1...
- Two Questions That Can Help You Sell More Music & ...
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker