Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
July 23, 2012
Brilliant Marketing Idea: Present a Brag About Your [...] Day!
Last year she started doing something on Facebook that I thought was brilliant. In fact, she does it once a month.
To explain what it is, here's the beginning of a post on her Facebook fan page:
"It's Brag About Your Blog Day! Every month I invite you to post a link to your blog ..."
Every time she does this, hundreds of people take her up on the offer. I did too. See for yourself on this page.
What a great way to promote others, spread some good will, and bring attention to herself and what she does at the same time!
Hmm ... I wonder how a music promoter could use this idea?
Well, I immediately thought that I should do a "Brag About Your Band Day" or "Brag About Your Music Day." That would fit perfectly with my target audience.
But what about your audience?
If you teach guitar lessons, how about a "Brag About Your Guitar Day"? If you run a recording studio, maybe "Brag About Your New Track."
If you perform hip-hop, you could do a "What's Your Favorite Hip-Hop Album Day" or "Who's Your Favorite Hip-Hop Artist Day."
You could also do a more general "Brag About Your City Day" or "Brag About Your Favorite T-Shirt Day" ... or you could create link love for other performers and do your own version of "Brag About Your Music Day."
The possibilities are endless. So just pick one ... and try it. Then let me know how it went.
-Bob Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- How Danika Holmes Got On the Main Stage of the Hea...
- Top 3 Goal-Setting Tips for Musicians
- Music & Money: How to Get Paid What You're Worth
- New Productivity Tool - Your Got-Done List!
- Dick Clark: Tribute to an Icon & Legend
- Use This iPad App to Create Original Graphics
- Don't Make THIS Mistake with Your CD Artwork
- Bob Baker: The CD Baby Interview [VIDEO]
- 3 Ways to Crush It With Your Music Marketing!
- Six Steps to Making Money with Music in 2012
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker