Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
July 12, 2012
Top 3 Goal-Setting Tips for Musicians
I just ran across a good review of Brian Tracy's book Goals! It was written by Trent Hamm on his Simple Dollar site.
Here are some of my favorite nuggets from the review:
1) Associate with the Right People"The people you most closely associate with often set the standard for what you want out of life ... Surround yourself with people who embody what you want to achieve.”
Yes! Attitudes are contagious. That's why it’s a great idea to attend music conferences, networking events, songwriter nights, etc. To reach your goals you should regularly rub elbows with other proactive music people, interact, share resources, and inspire one another.
2) Make a Plan of Action"Write your goal down, then write a detailed plan for achieving it. The more detail, the better. Can you boil it down to daily steps or individual actions? The smaller the pieces, the easier it is to grab hold of and pull yourself towards your goal, one bit at a time.”
Here's one more ...
3) Review Your Goals Daily"Take time every day to review the goals you’re working on. I do this by writing in a journal and keeping tabs on a few key goals every single day. I have a section where I write 'Goal #1' followed by a sentence on my progress, then 'Goal #2' ... It forces me to think about each goal every day.”
Great advice from Brian Tracy via Trent Hamm. Put these into practice and you will make progress!
What other goal setting tips do you recommend? What has helped you reach your goals? I welcome your comments.
-Bob Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- Music & Money: How to Get Paid What You're Worth
- New Productivity Tool - Your Got-Done List!
- Dick Clark: Tribute to an Icon & Legend
- Use This iPad App to Create Original Graphics
- Don't Make THIS Mistake with Your CD Artwork
- Bob Baker: The CD Baby Interview [VIDEO]
- 3 Ways to Crush It With Your Music Marketing!
- Six Steps to Making Money with Music in 2012
- 11 Ways to Create Unforgettable Music Video Conten...
- Music Marketing Trends & 2012 Predictions - Part 2...
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker