Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
September 18, 2012
Make Money as a DIY Musician - My New Online Course
Why do some artists sell a lot and get big crowds at their shows, while most do-it-yourself artists (like you perhaps?) struggle to get noticed?
Well, in this new online course I give you a four-point plan to not only get attention, but to turn that attention into fan support and sales.
I hit four cities: Salt Lake City, St. Louis, Kansas City, and the Musicians Institute in Los Angeles. Attendees raved about it. More than 175 people total got to experience that workshop. But there were many thousands of others around the US and the world who wanted to attend but couldn't.
For months I've been looking for a new way to deliver video, audio, and text lessons within an online course environment. And I think I finally found the solution with a website called Udemy.
I'm using the "How to Make Money as a DIY Musician" workshop as my first course offering on this new platform -- and I want to offer you a deep discount to help me test it (as you get ALL the benefits I deliver in the course).
(UPDATE May 2013: This course is now offered on the Ruzuku platform, which is where the live links above and below take you to. The discounted registration fee may or may not be current when you visit the page.)
In these fast-paced sessions I reveal dozens of real-life examples and checklists you can put into practice right away to help you connect with fans and earn more money.
Transform your music career with these powerful ideas — many of them inspired by recent interviews I did with Karmin, Pomplamoose, David Nevue and Mark Mohr, as well as experts like Tony van Veen, Joe Vitale, Michael Brandvold, and Jason Van Orden.
Use this link to check out the course home page, watch the Intro video, and get a 42% discount off the already low registration fee for a limited time.
To your continued success with music!
-Bob Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- How to Get Comfortable with Music Marketing
- How to Get Your Emails Opened and Read
- Pack Your Live Shows & Rock Your Local Music Scene...
- Brilliant Marketing Idea: Present a Brag About You...
- How Danika Holmes Got On the Main Stage of the Hea...
- Top 3 Goal-Setting Tips for Musicians
- Music & Money: How to Get Paid What You're Worth
- New Productivity Tool - Your Got-Done List!
- Dick Clark: Tribute to an Icon & Legend
- Use This iPad App to Create Original Graphics
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker