Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Music marketing ideas for DIY artists, managers, promoters and music biz pros
December 07, 2012
Choose Your Price on This "Music Marketing Power Pack"
Hopefully you do. I certainly strive to put the marketing principles I teach into action. (Perhaps you've noticed :)
One thing I've recommended that musicians should test is a "pick your own price" offer, where you let fans choose what they want to pay for your music. Radiohead brought this idea to widespread attention a few years ago, even though other independent artists had done it before.
I've heard from many musicians over the years who report they can actually earn more money at live shows when they let fans choose what they can afford (depending on the venue and audience). Some people spend more, some less, but it all adds up in the end.
The thing is, I've never made an offer like this to my own fans - meaning you! It's about time. So here's your chance to help me test a "Choose Your Own Price" offer of my own.
Last spring I sold about 30 copies of something called the "DIY Music Marketing Power Pack." It was a data CD loaded with 10 hours of audio interviews, three hours of live workshop audio, some great PDF reports, and two video tutorials.
It hasn't been available ever since. But for the next couple of weeks I will re-release it on a "Choose Your Own Price" basis.
If money is tight, choose the lowest cost option. If you've got a little extra, there's a middle ground. And if you feel you've benefited from my teachings over the years and are able to, there's a regular price as well.
Watch the video and read more about it on this page ...
P.S. In a few weeks I'll even report back to you on the percentage breakdown of which pricing choices my fans made.
Do you have any personal experience with making pick-your-price offers to your fans? If so, let me know how it worked for you. Get more tips like these when you subscribe to my free Buzz Factor ezine — the longest running music career tips email newsletter on the planet. Since 1995. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, teacher, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- 55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- A Secret I've Been Keeping for 40 Years
- Music Biz Disappointments: When Bad News Turns Goo...
- Music for Kids: How to Promote & Sell It
- 10 Ways to Rock Your Facebook Music Fan Page
- Holiday Music Marketing Tips & Success Stories
- 5 Simple Ways to Get More LIKES on Your Facebook F...
- My Best Music Career Advice EVER!
- Kick Procrastination in the Butt with This Free Vi...
- Octopus Marketing Formula Explained
- Make Money as a DIY Musician - My New Online Cours...
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker